European Hedgehog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello From Admin

2 posters

Go down

Hello From Admin Empty Hello From Admin

Post  Bethany Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:15 am

Hello.
Well, I better get started with the introduction.
My name is Bethany and I've been interested in wildlife since I can remember. But what got me interested in Hedgehogs?
Well, when I was young, I lived in a place where nature was everywhere, despite living on one of those 'cramped' roads, where the gardens where tiny and no one could have any privacy. So, our front garden was tiny, with just a few bushes in it, and our back garden hardly had any lawn- just these horrible slabs.
At the bottom of the garden was a large field, often filled with cows, and a train line not so far off.
Just accross the road from our house was a small green. Well, if you could call it that! :!:
At night, despite being only four years old, I would get up and go to my bedroom window. It was something I often did, in the hope that I might see something, in this case, a Hedgehog. I don't remember the first time I saw one, but I must have been very happy about seeing one because, for the few years I lived there, I would always go to that bedroom window and look out of it. Alot of the time, I would see a Hedgehog across the road on that small bit of 'green'. I used to get really excited when the Hedgehog(s) used to come into our garden, although our garden was tiny.
That's what I can briefly remember. That's how it started, I guess.
We moved out of that house a few years later, I must have been about 6. For 3 years, at the new house, I did not see one Hedgehog. Not one. Even though there was fields across the road and the houses were less packed together.
We moved houses again when I was 9. It was not until I had just turned 12 before I saw another Hedgehog. You can imagine my excitment, I was over the moon. And having grown up a bit, I was researching the Hedgehog like crazy. These last few years I have spend finding everything I can out about this lovely creature. I've completly dedicated myself to the European Hedgehog. I might be still only young, but that will not stop me from trying my best.
I've build websites & blogs, many of which can now be found on google.
I also take in any Hedgehogs that are in need. Some of which, if too ill, have to go to the local Hedgehog Rescue. At the moment I'm busy with collage work, but thankfuly I still have time for the Hedgehogs.

Other stuff about me:
I love my music! When ever I'm working on the computer I just love to play a bit of 80s music (I never really have liked the modern stuff much!). It's a shame I was not around in the 80s- would have been great!
I love to watch all wildlife, including birds, Hedgehogs and Badger watching.
I love to build things like Hedgehog boxes (I might be female but will give it a try!) I will get some pictures soon to show you.
I am a book worm! I love to read, especially animals books (like wildlife ones) and real life books.
I enjoy watching survival programs when I have the time, such a 'Bear Grylls' (sorry if that's spelt wrong) and such like programs.

So, that's a bit about me!
Thank you for reading.

Bethany.
Bethany
Bethany
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 629
Hello From Admin Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Hello From Admin Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-28

http://www.europeanhedgehog.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Hello From Admin Empty Re: Hello From Admin

Post  Bethany Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:28 am

Lol, long post!
Has anybody actually read it? It's so long I thought it would put people off! Smile

Bethany.
Bethany
Bethany
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Trish Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:54 am

I thought I replied to it yesterday, I know I meant to! Embarassed

I love 80's music, I remember it first time around!! Shocked

Books - they are fab!! Have you read any James Herriot ones? They are brilliant, I wish the TV series would come back! Smile
Trish
Trish
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 471

Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://www.animalcrazy@bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bethany Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:02 am

No, I've not read it cry
Reading is my middle name! I get everything from books: spelling, ideas etc.

My fave 80s music is:
Human Legue,
Phil Collins,
Gary Numan,
A-ha.....

The list goes on!
Anything with a good 80s beat I'll listen to and 9/10 times I'll love it!

Bethany.
Bethany
Bethany
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content