European Hedgehog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER

3 posters

Go down

HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Empty HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER

Post  Madamzelda Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:21 am

Hi, Im Zelda. Im 34 and live in Derby. Iv'e just found this wonderful sight whilst trying to find a hog house on the internet. I've been feeding my hog 'spikey' (not very original I know) for about 2 months now. He comes to see me every night while i sit in my hot tub. I call him and whistle him and within minutes he comes running for his dinner.

He has peanuts, raisins, banana, dried apricot, carrot, cucumber, chicken and dried meal worm. He won't eat real hedgehog food, but my husband says thats my fault because I spoil him rotten. The other day there was lots of sniffing and grunting and he had a little girly hog with him in the garden. He spent about 30 minutes chasing her around trying to mate with her!

He is very tame now and even walks around on the decking next to the hot tub while we are in it, but we have not seen his girlfriend since, she was very shy.

Anyway, I will post again soon as I have lots of questions about hibernation and feeding in winter and stuff.

I look forward to talking to you all.

Madamzelda

Female
Number of posts : 4
HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Empty Re: HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER

Post  Trish Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:57 pm

Welcome to the forum. Welcome

You seem to have a unique hedgehog visiting you, would love to see a photo of him walking on the decking, and a video of a wild hedgehog responding to a whistle would be fantastic!

There is a good reason he won't eat the hedgehog food - its not as nice as cat and dog food or other things as you have discovered. Smile
Trish
Trish
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 471
HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://www.animalcrazy@bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Empty Re: Video Camera

Post  Madamzelda Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:17 am

Trish wrote:Welcome to the forum. Welcome

You seem to have a unique hedgehog visiting you, would love to see a photo of him walking on the decking, and a video of a wild hedgehog responding to a whistle would be fantastic!

There is a good reason he won't eat the hedgehog food - its not as nice as cat and dog food or other things as you have discovered. Smile

Hi Trish

I would love to take some video of him. Unfortunately I do not have a camera yet. I have been looking on the internet, but would welcome any feedback from anyone who has got a video camera with night vision on it (what make they would recommend) that is not too expensive. Also where to buy them from please.

My husband tried to take a photo of him a couple of weeks ago with his SLR camera but the flash freaked him out a bit so i made him stop, he hasnt tried without the flash yet.

I was late putting his dinner out last night (10pm) and he was waiting by my patio door for me (bless him). He is a cleaver boy, I dont even feed him next to the door.

Ive read on several sites where hedgehogs just climb through cat flaps and help themselves to cats dinner, I wondered if anyone else on this site had very cheaky hogs?

Madamzelda

Female
Number of posts : 4
HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-07-26

Back to top Go down

HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Empty Re: HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER

Post  Bethany Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:37 am

Laughing

It would seem that Hedgehogs would do anything to get food... I had one that came into out house once through the open back door, they are funny Smile

Bethany.
Bethany
Bethany
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 629
HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100HI - NEWBEE HEDGEHOG LOVER & FEEDER Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-28

http://www.europeanhedgehog.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down