European Hedgehog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

more hogs in and a very frustrating time!

3 posters

Go down

more hogs in and a very frustrating time! Empty more hogs in and a very frustrating time!

Post  Johog Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:26 pm

hi all, long time no hear, hope alls well with everyone Smile
does anyone else find doing this really frustrating??
i had a call from my mum earlier, a friend of a friend had left a hedgehog with her, now this is a person i have spent a week trying to get hold of as heard she had mum and hoglets out in daytime.
went round to be confronted with a very poorly hog, went round to see this person and she didn't want to give up the hoglets saying they would be fine without mum as they were out in the day sunbathing and were okay Evil or Very Mad so i took them anyway, they are 2-3weeks old,poor little things, there are seven of them!
so arrived home and mum? (poss not,long story) is rapidly going downhill, and developed two lumps in her lower belly, i had a gentle feel felt solid confused unfortunately she died Sad
i'm now left wondering if theres another hog out there (mum) who is ill Shocked
hoglets seem to be doing okay and are thankfully quite lively Smile
Johog
Johog

Female
Number of posts : 231
more hogs in and a very frustrating time! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100more hogs in and a very frustrating time! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

more hogs in and a very frustrating time! Empty Re: more hogs in and a very frustrating time!

Post  Bethany Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:35 am

Those people need education about Hedgehogs.

Well done for getting them. They are in the best hands now. Good luck, I hope they do well. Sorry to hear about the mum.

Bethany.
Bethany
Bethany
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 629
more hogs in and a very frustrating time! Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100more hogs in and a very frustrating time! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-28

http://www.europeanhedgehog.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

more hogs in and a very frustrating time! Empty Re: more hogs in and a very frustrating time!

Post  Johog Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:22 pm

i had another hoglet come in last night,older than the others but smaller, so after checking it and leaving it a while, i have put it in with the others. they are going to look for others as an adult hog was seen out in the day previously.
Johog
Johog

Female
Number of posts : 231
more hogs in and a very frustrating time! Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100more hogs in and a very frustrating time! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Trish Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Some people simply don't know what we know, which is OK, but I do wish they would listen to advice. Mad

Good luck with the hoglets Jo! happy
Trish
Trish
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 471
more hogs in and a very frustrating time! Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100more hogs in and a very frustrating time! Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://www.animalcrazy@bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down