European Hedgehog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second hog

2 posters

Go down

second hog Empty second hog

Post  ron Mon May 11, 2009 12:32 pm

just got back off holiday to find there as been two hogs at the feeding station, one large male and a smaller female Grin
ron
ron

Male
Number of posts : 186
second hog Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100second hog Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://rons-hedgehogs.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

second hog Empty hedgehogs in garden

Post  patricia Mon May 11, 2009 12:44 pm

Hello,

two questions please.

My mum is 80 and is soon to go into hospital She adores the hedgehogs which visit her garden but is worried about feeding them. She lives in Shropshire and I live in Lancs. Do you think she could fill some sort of chicken hopper with thebiscuit type food.

Also, I have badgers visiting everynight which I feed but my local hedgehog hospital says I must collect any hedgehogs and take them there. I do not like interfering in this way but I do not want the hedgehogs to be killed.
I always put lots of food for all, all are welcome here. However, the foxes are being shot here and I am worried that I am enticing them down. You cannot win can you? Somebody busy shooting and maiming and me feeding and rescuing.Makes me sick.
So wonderful to see caring people like yourself.
Kind Regards,
Patricia

patricia

Female
Number of posts : 2
second hog Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100second hog Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

second hog Empty Re: second hog

Post  ron Mon May 11, 2009 1:15 pm

A few years ago when putting out food for the hogs we discovered we were also feeding a badger, and soon after all hedgehogs disapeared, I also like them both then the farmer got moody about the fact I was feeding badgers (because I was on the TV on Autumn Watch last year) they showed my hedgehog films and also the badger ones. So I stopped feeding the badgers and now I have 2 wild hogs back feeding, the one also had 4 young and they will be released soon. I suppose if you got a chicken feeder, the hopper type and filled with small dried cat food or crush the food to make it drop out of the hopper it should work. I just been on holiday for 10 days and the kids forgot to put food in the feeding boxes but as soon as I put food in the boxes when i got back they returned the fist night.
ron
ron

Male
Number of posts : 186
second hog Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100second hog Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-03

http://rons-hedgehogs.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

second hog Empty badgers

Post  patricia Mon May 11, 2009 5:36 pm

Thank you for your reply.

It is such a dilemma.

I have fed the badgers for years and the foxes. We used to have the odd hedgehog.
Don't mention farmers to me!!

patricia

Female
Number of posts : 2
second hog Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100second hog Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2009-05-11

Back to top Go down

second hog Empty Re: second hog

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: