European Hedgehog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for Edie to leave.

3 posters

Go down

Time for Edie to leave. Empty Time for Edie to leave.

Post  Trish Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:08 am

This first thread about Edie seems such a long time ago now, she came here a small, cheeky hedgie who was incredibly fussy with her food for quite a while, has flourished into a gorgeous, still cheeky hedgie who learnt that she could eat more than one brand of food! Grin

She arrived small:
Time for Edie to leave. Edie311

and is leaving a whole lot bigger!! My hands disguise her roundness!
Time for Edie to leave. Last_o11

Edie has been here for 22 weeks - 5 months sounds so much longer!! We have seen her grow, and as she has have made the contact less. It will be so odd not having her here but also it feels wonderful to know she is going to go live the life she deserves.

I can do no more for her here, so this evening she begins a new chapter in her life - she is being released!Greetings
She will have some food put out for her for a few nights while she gets used to her new life, and all I can do is hope she thrives.

So, mixed feelings;

sad a long term resident is leaving sad2 but happy I have helped give her a chance. party
Trish
Trish
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 471
Time for Edie to leave. Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Time for Edie to leave. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://www.animalcrazy@bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Time for Edie to leave. Empty Re: Time for Edie to leave.

Post  Trish Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:10 pm

We placed her house in the chosen place early evening, checked regularly then just after 9pm we saw her take her first steps into her new surroudings, snuffling and grunting exactly as a hedgehog should. Sad in a way, but so happy that she is now embarking on her new life! Grin
Trish
Trish
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 471
Time for Edie to leave. Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Time for Edie to leave. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://www.animalcrazy@bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bethany Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:27 am

I am so pleased for both you and Edie! What a lovely story her life will make.

She has had a second chance, and this is brilliant to hear she is finally back in the wild again. Great work!

And she looks a lot bigger when you compare her to the tiny Hedgehog she used to be, still cheeky though lol Laughing

Good luck to her and well done. happy

Bethany.
Bethany
Bethany
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 629

Registration date : 2008-10-28

http://www.europeanhedgehog.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Johog Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:26 pm

wow! Grin you've done such a great job with your hogs, well done Flowers
its a happy but sad time too when they have to go isn't it
Johog
Johog

Female
Number of posts : 231
Time for Edie to leave. Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Time for Edie to leave. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down