European Hedgehog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

local carers??

3 posters

Go down

local carers?? Empty local carers??

Post  Johog Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:25 pm

hi all Smile

i have been getting a few phone calls from the northamptonshire area, which unless i can get to won't bring the hedgehogs to me (i don't drive and have to rely on hubby who does shift work!)
i was wondering if people could let me know contact details, if they are willing to have them passed on and what they can deal with. i will pretty much deal with anything but can't always get to these hogs and i hate the thought of them going to a vets that couldn't give two pennies!
thank you.
next thing on my list is to learn to drive Rolling Eyes
Johog
Johog

Female
Number of posts : 231
local carers?? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100local carers?? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

local carers?? Empty Re: local carers??

Post  Trish Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:22 am

You can contact me if the hedgie isn't too far away - I do drive but can only collect if within a smallish range or it begins to cost too much in petrol.

As much as I love hedgehogs I do have to think about the cost, I don't earn much!
sad2
Trish
Trish
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 471
local carers?? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100local carers?? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://www.animalcrazy@bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Johog Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:48 am

thanx trish Flowers
it would be handy to get everyone together and details of what they can and can't deal with.
i've got a feeling that its going to get busy again Wink
i know what you mean about the money side of things. if you want cheap cat foods etc, theres a place called jolleys? in kettering (i'll find the address) i can get a huge bag of cat biscuits (chicken flavour and i haven't come across a hog that doesn't like them!) for £9 and a tray of 24 cans of felix chicken in jelly for £13, it lasts ages, they do other stuff there to and have regular deals Smile
i'll post up where it is as they've just moved premises Rolling Eyes
Johog
Johog

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Trish Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:16 am

I have heard of Jolleys - never been though, Kettering isn't somewhere I go that often really but would if it were worth it!

With regard to the carer list etc;
I will take in anything, if I can't deal with it I will go to my vet. I can have 6 hedgies in at any one time, but to be honest if I had more I would no doubt find room!!
While I have to be restrictive on how far I travel, I will - and often do! - accept patients brought to my door!

I am happy to take other wild animals and birds too, anything really with the exceptions of foxes, badgers and deer due to their size and the danger to me and mine - this also follows various rehabilitation guidlines.
Trish
Trish
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Bethany Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Oooh Kettering, not far from where I live at all....just down the Motorway.

Yep, I agree, it's all expensive stuff, but always worth while for the Hedgehogs.

I come from no rich family, so we always struggle to buy them food, the local Co-op is expensive, the food there is outragously priced. Shocked

I am not ready to be taking in Hedgehogs from other people yet, but hope I can help out soon. Obviously I will not turn down any Hedgehogs that I see in my garden that are sick, injured e.t.c.

Good luck to both of you with your Hedgehogs.

Bethany Smile
Bethany
Bethany
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 629

Registration date : 2008-10-28

http://www.europeanhedgehog.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Johog Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:00 pm

jollyes is on northfield avenue, kettering, near b&q! they have one in milton keynes too. its worth a visit... a 5kg bag of cat biscuits £9,its high quality to so you don't feed as much. they have a website also. it can be really expensive feeding hogs and when i used to go to my local co-op it'd work out really expensive and most of the time they didn't like it Rolling Eyes

beth you'll soon be getting them hogs in, i think its great that you do so much for them at your age.

trish- don't suppose you know what to do with young pigeons????? i've had one bought to me, its okay and i've left seed and water down, its currently settled on a heatpad and i made a nest for it Smile
Johog
Johog

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Trish Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Johog wrote:
trish- don't suppose you know what to do with young pigeons????? i've had one bought to me, its okay and i've left seed and water down, its currently settled on a heatpad and i made a nest for it Smile

I have been in touch with Jo, sadly the pigeon died. sad2
Trish
Trish
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content