European Hedgehog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Donations and raising awareness.

5 posters

Go down

Donations and raising awareness. Empty Donations and raising awareness.

Post  Trish Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:45 am

My local Pets At Home (Wellingborough) have agreed to me going on the rota for the food collection bin, so every 3 months I will benefit.
Also, as I am a beneficiary of a (very small) grant from the Pets At Home Charitable Foundation I am able to have a collection box by the till, and when I am ready I may have a table to raise awareness and raise money - although that may be a way off as I have looked into products to sell with The Hedgehog Haven printed on but it's pretty expensive so will have to wait.
Trish
Trish
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 471
Donations and raising awareness. Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Donations and raising awareness. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://www.animalcrazy@bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Donations and raising awareness. Empty Re: Donations and raising awareness.

Post  Johog Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:26 pm

hiya trish Smile hope alls well with you.
my sister-in-law has her own buisiness selling bags and does alot of stuff for the crazy hats, she was asking them about the badges, pens etc that they sell, and she got me a contact for them! i think they are reasonable, haven't been given full details yet but i could find out and let you know? i'm not a registered org or anything yet, so can't use them anyway Rolling Eyes
i could enquire about a donation box too? she offered to put one out for me but like i said i'm not registered or anything.
Johog
Johog

Female
Number of posts : 231
Donations and raising awareness. Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Donations and raising awareness. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Bethany Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:59 am

Well done Trish, the Hedgehog Haven is doing really well! Your off to a good start.

Bethany.
Bethany
Bethany
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 629
Donations and raising awareness. Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Donations and raising awareness. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-28

http://www.europeanhedgehog.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildliferescuer Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:56 am

Johog wrote:hiya trish Smile hope alls well with you.
my sister-in-law has her own buisiness selling bags and does alot of stuff for the crazy hats, she was asking them about the badges, pens etc that they sell, and she got me a contact for them! i think they are reasonable, haven't been given full details yet but i could find out and let you know? i'm not a registered org or anything yet, so can't use them anyway Rolling Eyes
i could enquire about a donation box too? she offered to put one out for me but like i said i'm not registered or anything.

Unless things have changed since we became a registered charity, & I don't think they have, you don't have to be registered to have collection boxes or to have sales goods with your name on.
Wildliferescuer
Wildliferescuer

Female
Number of posts : 26
Donations and raising awareness. Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100Donations and raising awareness. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-12-11

http://www.vwr.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Johog Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:18 pm

oh! i have always been told that because i'm not a registered charity or anything like that i wasn't aloud to ask for donations confused thanx for that, i will have a closer look into it.
my sis-in-law is also going to look into grants, so if she comes up with anything i'll post them up Smile
Johog
Johog

Female
Number of posts : 231

Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

Post  John & Hogs Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:56 am

That is really good news Trish, great for getting awareness about the Hedgehog Haven.
I don't have any collection boxes either, so might get to work with it, its a very god idea, I'm sure if I asked my local pet shop they'll be able to help.
John & Hogs
John & Hogs

Male
Number of posts : 84
Donations and raising awareness. Left_bar_bleue1 / 1001 / 100Donations and raising awareness. Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Trish Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:51 am

I took a collection tin in, only to discover that since being told I could have one, head office said I can't as I am not a registered charity - I said that legally I could as I am classed as a charitable organisation (I have looked into it), and while I appreciate the decision it would have been if someone had had the courtesy to let me know as I spent money on the collection tin, chain etc.
I can still have pet food doantions in the collection unit when they sort it out and am able to take the collection tin and have it if I have a table, but that won't be happening for some time now I know how much it will cost to get the merchandise to sell in the first place, and besides I am not ready to do something like that yet.

Like I said, I appreciate the decision but wish someone had told me before I felt a prat standing in store on a busy Sunday afternoon.
Trish
Trish
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 471

Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://www.animalcrazy@bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum