European Hedgehog
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hedgehog colouring?

3 posters

Go down

hedgehog colouring? Empty hedgehog colouring?

Post  Johog Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:50 am

okay, i know albinos, whites and blondes need to be kept in an enclosed garden, but.....
3 of the babies that i hand reared, in the shed are very dark coloured, almost black and i read somewhere that they are rarer than an albino or white! so does this mean that they would need to be kept in, i've tried looking for more info but can't find anything. i can't get any clear photos as they are in the shed, in and out of hibernation!! i don't want to release them in spring only to find out that i should've kept them in and i need to make arrangements for the garden for the ones i have to keep in and also leave enough space for others to come and go!
Johog
Johog

Female
Number of posts : 231
hedgehog colouring? Left_bar_bleue2 / 1002 / 100hedgehog colouring? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-10

Back to top Go down

hedgehog colouring? Empty Re: hedgehog colouring?

Post  Trish Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:01 am

I have read the same about darker ones, but don't know the answer to your question! Rolling Eyes

Looking forward to heaing the answer if anyone knows it! Yes
Trish
Trish
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 471
hedgehog colouring? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100hedgehog colouring? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-01

http://www.animalcrazy@bravehost.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bethany Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:43 am

Hmmm. I understand how difficult this must be, not knowing the answer. Truth be told, I don't either, but if they are black they will not stand out as much as albinos and whites, which are easy prey because they don't blend in...
I think you need to talk to an expert about this one Yes

Good luck luck

Bethany.
Bethany
Bethany
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 629
hedgehog colouring? Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100hedgehog colouring? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-10-28

http://www.europeanhedgehog.niceboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum